Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back in the Action!

Hello World! I'm sorry that I haven't been able to write. After Thanksgiving, finals needed all of my attention and thereby the blog received none. I hope that you all aren't feeling too abandoned!

So.... Spring Semester started this week and although it's only the second day, I'm already excited for everything to get going and for my life to reach it's usual stage of stress/mayhem/time crunches. I have a couple of highlights for you right now and  then I'll write again next week once I have racked up a bunch of stories for you!

A FIRST DAY TO REMEMBER-

The Skin I'm In- Okay, let's be honest....Alycia has really ridiculously difficult skin. The Kicker- it was more manageable when I was in the teens; now that I've graduated to the "adult" category and all of the hormone changes that go with it...my skin kinda rebelled....I feel like my skin has, "Peter Pan syndrome," meaning it never wants to grow up. I've been dealing with moderate acne issues for a while and although you may never be able to tell (thanks to my makeup prowess) once the illusion fades- not a pretty situation.

Over the Winter break my skin was getting worse...and worse....and then when I thought it couldn't get worse- oh lanta it DID. So at my wits end I made an appointment with the Dermatologist back in Cedar.
Bright and early Monday morning I sally forth to yonder skin professional-hoping for an immediate cure. Turns out Alycia has a bacterial infection, on her face. Meaning that this is way past acne.....bacteria are instead making my skin their own personal winter cabin. LOVELY. 

Needless to say I was put on all kinds of antibiotics, topicals and such,....so we'll see how that turns out.

Shake and Bake- This one time, there was an earthquake right outside of Cedar.... it was SO COOL and scary and a 4.1 on the rictor scale. I was sitting on my bed chatting on facebook when there was this huge rumbling sound and everything shook for 7-ish seconds. My first instict was that someone had run their car right into the complex....it wasn't until I was driving to school that the radio confirmed the earthquake suspicion.

Classes- Of Course there's going to be at least a paragraph of blog dedicated to my college education! My Chemistry class is going to be awesome! I had this professor for chem lab last semester and I really enjoy the way that he teaches. Also my friend Annie is in my Chemistry class! So we'll get to endure an hour of that together every day for the rest of the semester..... Pathophysiology is going to be great...mostly due to the fact that it's the same professor who taught my Physiology class....who I happen to have a strange student-teacher crush on....basically he is beautiful. And I don't mind listening to him lecture...AT ALL. Too much information for the internet? Perhaps. But I don't mind sharing with the....5 people who may or may not actually read this....

Ballroom- rehearsals start up tomorrow morning and I'm so excited to be dancing again. :) Brace yourself for a paragraph of cliches. I can't explain it in words....but the closest thing- dancing is like therapy for me. Stress relief. Something that's just for me. It's like everything that I hold back, can't explain and all of the emotion that never gets expressed....somehow when I dance- it all sorts out. I can think clearly. I leave all of that anxiety on the floor. And when the dance shoes come off....it feels like they take the weight on my shoulders with them. People tell me that it's a distraction, but what they don't understand is that it centers me. It keeps me from letting the rest of my life overwhelm me.

Wow....now that WAS too much soul for the blog.... :)

Anyways- I'll be back next week to regale you with more stories. I hope that everyone is off to a great start in 2010, I love you all so much.

Until Next Time,
Bon Voyage.

No comments:

Post a Comment