Friday, April 23, 2010

Not even attempting to catch up....but here we go.

It's been months since my last blog entry and so much has happened/changed in my life. I will not being to attempt to catch you up on everything but consider this blog one continuous list of highlights.

SCHOOL:
Classes have kicked my trash this semester....my chemistry class, although at times enjoyable, is the hardest class I have ever ever ever ever ever EVER EVER EVER been forced to enroll in. Pathophysiology has been entirely fascinating and is my favorite class of all time :) I have worked my asset off for each grade in every class and even if (when) I don't end up with a 4.0, I can still be proud of the work that I put forward.

Finals are next week and just printing out my study guides was enough to send me into an anxiety induced coma....but I just have to trust in my ability to understand and remember the material and then just go for it! the worst thing that could happen, is me having to re-take a class...so I feel confident for the coming finals week no matter how things end.

Big News: I'm transferring to Dixie this fall because I can get into their Nursing program in Spring of 2011, meaning that I can continue slowly moving forward towards my career of choice. I will be there for at least three years...but I'm not in any rush to get my degree so- it'll be good. Also, Dixie is in a bigger city, has more connections, NO SNOW, beautiful weather, better food and cooler people. Decision well made.


BALLROOM:
Went on plenty of tours with Ballroom, places like Moab, Monticello, Salt Lake to perform at a Jazz game halftime show, Las Vegas, Pahrump Nevada, Arizona......And in the monthg of May we are traveling to Puerto Rico!!!! I am very excited about going to Puerto Rico...and so is my SPF 95 sunscreen that I will be reapplying every fifteen minutes for fear of becoming a walking melanoma.

Concert weekend was so much fun and I just wanted to say thank you to all of the people who came to see the company and the team perform. Your support means more to me than I could ever express! It was officially announced concert weekend that the company director was leaving the school (Due to a bunch of bullsh*t administration drama and him ultimately ending up fired) but anyways, the silver lining is that Dixie is giving him everything to start an amazing company down there....and yours truly is going with him courtesy of a dance scholarship. James and I are going to be the new "Anne and Jose" and I am so excited to be pushed, trained, and tough loved into being the best ballroom dancer that I can possibly be. I am basically going to OWN that campus haha. Or at least that's the goal as of right now.

RELATIONSHIPS:
So...this one is a big deal....Alycia has a boyfriend. His name is James, and he HANDS DOWN the best guy I have ever dated. We've been on the same ballroom company since I joined my first year at SUU, and became friends when I made tour team last fall....we were getting to be even better friends when kinda out of no where I realized that I had feelings for him-and out of that same nowhere category James became interested in me.....There are so many really great moments with James already and I wish that I could share them all, but let me just say this...

This is what Lizzy refers to as the "Blush and Gush" and although she has been hearing about James non-stop, I haven't gushed to all of you yet...so I am going to take this opportunity to do so.

There are parts of me that I never knew I wanted to match up with someone else....that he is compatible with. He is goofy, nerdy, quirky and at the same time strong, confident and driven. There are some times that I think he is me, in man form. We are always laughing and when there is an issue that we disagree on, we can talk about it without either person getting upset. He is a talented athlete and dancer and his determination in all areas of his life is an inspiration to me. He makes me want to be a better person without ever pushing me to be someone that I'm not. I feel closer to him in weeks than I have felt with other people in years.
As crazy as it sounds, it feels like I've been with him always....

Before you all start gagging....subject angle changed...
my mom is already itching to plan a wedding and has even thrown out the idea that we should just start planning everything and inform James later haha. We've met each others families and everyone likes the respective person in the relationship...so far it is going amazingly well and I can't wait to spend even more time getting to know him :) Love him? YES. Expected to feel this way-especially this soon? No. Am I happy about it? Deliriously. 

FRIENDS:
To be completely honest I haven't been able to spend as much time as I would've liked with my friends because of ballroom/school/boyfriend and all of the other girls having just as crazy schedules as me. Some fun things we've done...
  1. A surprise murder mystery birthday party for Brenna :) I've never had to lie so much in my life haha but we all pulled it off nicely!
  2. Being able to attend Lizzy's many amazing music performances, including choir concerts, operas and musical reviews. 
  3. X-files night!!! Finally some time with Mulder
  4. Lots of last minute late night get togethers which turned into more of a much needed group therapy session than anything else.   
I love my girls! and I am so grateful that I have gotten to know them and have been a part of their lives for my time at SUU, I know that life will be different once I transfer, but I know that I will keep in touch with them and make an effort to stay in their lives.

RANDOM:
So this one time....I dyed my hair blonde.....and although it was fun to have such a drastic change, it didn't feel like me. So just yesterday I brought the red back...and it feels SO GOOD. haha I believe that every woman should drastically change their hair at some point in their lives....but just for the record....BLONDES DON'T HAVE MORE FUN.



PLANS:
This summer I'm staying in Cedar, working and dance training until I move down to Dixie, and I'm living with some of my best ballroom girls Ariel and Rebecka :)

This weekend, as in leaving in thiry minutes, the team is traveling up to Idaho to perform in Jesse's hometown! We're spending tonight in Salt Lake and all of the team chicas are staying at my house, so I'll get to see my family!!!! I'm so excited!

Keep James for as long as humanly possible!

Ace my Finals!

Blog more often ;) wink wink wink.


I hope that everyone has been doing well and that life isn't treating you too harshly. Know that there is a crazy redhead who loves you and wants the very best for you. I LOVE YOU

Until next time,
Bon Voyage.

No comments:

Post a Comment