Monday, October 25, 2010

BIG NEWS!!!!!

I'M ENGAGED!!!!! To none other than the amazing James. :) FACT.

Last Friday, (Oct. 22nd) James was traveling up to Salt Lake to visit me and had Jazz tickets for friday night's game against the Kings. He had told me that they were GREAT SEATS, but that where they were was a surprise.....
We drive down to the game and as we're walking in, he puts all of his stuff in my purse so that we can walk through the metal detectors without too much hassle. Once inside we are walking down to our seats....and we keeping going....and going.....until we comfortably settle into our 8th row seats. That's right ladies and gentlemen. 8th row. James, being the devout Jazz fan that he is, asked me to bring my camera so that we could get pictures of the game from our awesome seats. (did I mention 8th row???) So I asked him he wanted the camera and when I went to get into my purse to get it he offered to get it- so I just handed the whole bag over.

At halftime we went up to the Fanz store to pickup some jazz gear for James' siblings. James said that he wanted to get me a little jazz bear but alas, the store didn't have the new bears in yet -because of the color and logo change. We watch the rest of the game and after the Jazz WIN we are sitting in our seats waiting for people to clear out of the arena. I'm watching the jumbotron, players being interviewed.....James and I are chatting about random things when James says, "I was gonna have the Jazz bear help me with this......" Now this took a second to register...not understanding what he was talking about I look over and he's on one knee with the ringbox out.
At this point I'm STUNNED....and get choked up (like a girl) he asks, "Will you marry me?" and slips the ring on my hand as I say, "Yes." And hug him very very tight.

Looking back there were so many little things that should have added up- but I was not expecting to get engaged that night....AT ALL. Not even suspicious enough to be watching for signs. For me it was like any other weekend that I get to spend with James, I was just happy to be there and with him. James and I have this big date planned in December, and I thought FOR SURE that that is when he was gonna propose....surprise!!!

The background to this story that I later learned is that James decided on proposing to me on...the sunday before this friday and had tried everything to make it special. Tried to get it on the jumbotron- they don't do that anymore apparently (LAME) Then he tried to book the Jazz bear to help him out....but the jazz bear was all booked out. His brother Christian had the idea of getting a little jazz bear and when I was out going to the bathroom or something he would put the jazz bear and the ring in my seat....but that plan was foiled because the store didn't have jazz bears haha. So he had to ask me the old fashioned way ;)

Apparently James was super nervous and flustered the entire night- but he never let on. So sneaky! The reason proposing at a jazz game is significant- during the school year our ballroom team performed during halftime at a jazz game and it was that weekend that James and I started liking eachother and spending time together. So everything came full circle :)

I can't resist....sing it with me! The circle of liiiiiiiiiffffffeeeeeee!!!!!!!! haha. Just a little disney interjection to brighten your day.

This entire past weekend has been wonderful! And after being engaged for less than 24 hours, James and I already had the temple and reception center booked! We don't mess around!  Saturday James took me to breakfast, we made the engagement official...aka putting it on facebook. Watched the BYU game, went to the reception center, then had a downtown date that consisted of Olive Garden dinner, temple square wandering, window shopping and a movie.

Sunday night right before James left to drive back down to Cedar  he said something that I will never forget. We were working out our -see you when- schedule....

James: "When do I see you after Halloween?"
Alycia: "When do you wanna see me after that?"
James: "Every day."

:) I'm so excited for when that can happen. I am so happy with him, and with the way everything is working out. Love him more than anything and everything? understatement.

Until next time,
Bon Voyage

No comments:

Post a Comment