Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Is this real life?

Trying to stay more on top of blogging....here we go....

Special Olympics:
This past weekend I was able to watch James coach Basketball at the Special Olympics and it was awesome! He was completely in his element and he works so well with the boys that he coaches. My dad and my sister came with me to the games on Saturday- when I was telling my dad about the events the night before he became really invested and was set on coming with me. His face lit up when he was watching them play and he wants to get more involved with the Special Olympics next year as a volunteer- which I think could be the start of something beautiful.



Tada!!! Coach Taylor and his number one fan!
To celebrate James' coaching I got him a basketball and had all of his boys sign it :) Even though I later found out that it wasn't the first ball he received as a coach- he still did appreciate and I felt brilliant for thinking of such thoughtful things.

While we were watching one of the games, my dad (who likes to strike up a conversation with anyone about anything no matter where we go) started talking to one of the photographers there. Jaime and I weren't listening very intently but could still hear their conversation when my dad said something that caused both Jaime and my jaws to hit the floor, "Well we're here to support my oldest daugher's FIANCE...." Now my dad has always been the kind of man to downplay dating relationships while my mom on the opposite side talks them up. So when my dad is calling James my fiance....you know he's invested....There have been so many little things that make getting married to James feel real...but hearing my dad call him my fiance when we're not engaged yet upped the real factor by ten.

It was really weird to see James but not BE with him... I could talk to him inbetween games and I even got to sit next to him while we were watching the college basketball team practice- but not being able to hold his hand or anything like that when I haven't seen him for two weeks....weird/annoying. My parents make me laugh....my dad used to travel a lot for work and sometimes he'd be gone for two weeks at a time- my mom always tells me that it's not that long...but what she doesn't consider is that while my dad would be gone for two weeks....he'd then be home for at least a full week before leaving again. I see James for less than 48 hours when we have little weekend trips to each other's end of the state. And I don't get to sleep in the same bed as him! So HAH...... hah meaning I'm jealous of your married schedule and sleeping arrangement...

Commute= Lame
I know that in any major city EVERYONE drives an hour to work. I'm just choosing to complain about it. I hate that it takes me over an hour to get to work and then equally as long to get back to the house. I did the math- I work 5 days a month to pay for the gas to get back and forth to work. RIDICULOUS. I like my job- even though I have to deal with really rude people, I really like who I work for and the people I work with.... I just want the commute to die a slow and painful death. Not even chronic condition painful... more like performing surgery without anesthesia and then giving the commute just enough pain meds to stay alive but not take the pain away and keep it at that rate for about a month.... graphic? Perhaps. But that is how much I truly hate this driving business. I have been applying to jobs closer north because this drive is going to suck even more once the crazy weather snow nonsense begins. I honestly have considered moving down here.... The money that I spend in gas could cover a shared bedroom rent.... so that's still a thought.

Ouch...
Jackson needs to complete a 90 day workout program as part of some physical fitness requirement for scouting and Alycia has been losing tone/stamina/overall fit level since ballroom season ended- so I said that I wanted to be his workout buddy and then William jumped on the fitness train...so last night we started working out- and we so happened to have the P90x DVD's...and it's a 90 day program...so that's what Jackson decided to do. Oh HALLO. I knew I was getting out of shape...but last night was embarassing... I could only do 3/4 of the reps before I was spent and today I'm so sore that getting in and out of my car is a challenge.... how did I let this happen?! Fit, hot, young thing rockin' a bikini in Puerto Rico....to desk job slob who can't make it through a workout DVD....really Alycia....really?! pathetic.

I know that I need to eat better, and now that I'm accountable to my 13 year old brother for fitness...I have to step it up in that department. I drink lots of water, but I need to cut down on eating out and soda and all sorts of things that I KNOW are not a good plan. I need motivation.....I imagine a wedding dress or cute clothes or things like that...maybe that will start working....

Moral of the story is-
Be consistent in taking care of yourself for the real long term health benefits. Deep breathing exercises work wonders on road rage during work commuting.

Bon Voyage.


No comments:

Post a Comment