Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday. Enough said.

Should I be writing this blog right now? Probably not, but I wanted to take a bit of time for myself today and try to clear my head and organize my thoughts. Writing this blog has become therapeutic for me.... and I look forward to sharing my life....even if it's only me communicating with this keyboard.

The rest of Friday Oct 2nd....
Chiropractors....basically I want to propose marriage every time I get adjusted by one of these magnificent creatures. If heaven doesn't have Chiropractors....I'm going to strongly consider the alternative eternity! Last year I found an amazing chiropractor who has gained my business for as long as I am in cedar city! So I decided that this was the man who I would trust with my defective shoulder.

Drum roll please...... turns out that Alycia's little fall caused her to dislocate three different bones.... :) yay! I had a partial dislocation of my "shoulder" (the humerus dislocated superior to the glenoid cavity for all of ya'll who speak my nerd language) And that dislocation had pushed my collarbone forward. I also dislocated my forearm at the elbow (The radius dislocated at the capitulum) Lucky for me, all of these bones were easily put back into place and I was on my way to a speedy recovery.

I came home and attempted to rejoin the female gender by actually taking time to get ready.... before heading off to have dinner with the six chicks, and seeing Macbeth in our outdoor theater for.... FREEEEEE!!!!!

Things Alycia loves:
  1. When you feel like you look good, and so you are twice as confident and people spend all of their time reveling in your beauty and showering you with compliments.
  2. How having a student ID in college makes you feel like an F.B.I. agent, because all you have to do is flash that "badge" at the door and you can get in anywhere!
  3. Making inside jokes with old friends and laughing constantly about absolutely nothing.
Okay, Macbeth....crash and burn. Like that plane hit the ground so hard that not only were there no survivors.... but everything went up in a fireball of failure.....there weren't any identifiable remains. It was THAT BAD. Not only was Shakespeare turning in his grave....he probably wanted to come back from the dead just so he could kill himself again over the massacre of his play....

First off, calling that "acting" would be a little too generous.... so it was more like watching a bunch of creepy theatre majors play dress up, except for the fact that 2) They decided it would be a "cool" idea to make their version of Macbeth "Punk-Rock-Goth" and had succeeded in simultaneously destroying all three of those fashion trends with their (again being generous) "wardrobe." I could have stuck it out....if it weren't for problem number 3.... Macbeth is really-super-dooper-excrutiatingly-painstakingly-undeniably-unequivocably-and all together TOO LONG.

After an hour and a half of thinking of ways to put me and my friends out of our lack-of-talent-induced misery, we decided to ditch out of the show at intermission.We'd all had more than enough "culture" for one weekend.

Saturday and Sunday Oct 3-4th
relatively uneventful....watched conference, which was a great spiritual "pick-me-up" and spent the majority of my time lounging about in pajamas. Glorious, glorious pajamas, full of glory. Make-up? No way. Hair done? You've gotta be kidding. Hygiene? Well....I even let that one slide lol. I was dead set on not doing ANYTHING this weekend.

Everything was going great....up until the point when I realized on Sunday evening....hmm....you have 8+hours of homework that you haven't even thought about doing..... lovely.

I proceeded to stay up until 2 a.m. finishing only HALF of the workload.... This weekend the ballroom team is competing in California, and so I'm trying to finish everything for this week and for next week in two days in an effort to stay on top of/ahead of things.

Monday Oct 5th
After only 3 hours of sleep, waking up was the last thing I wanted to do. Team was lame because I was there for two hours but only danced for 4 minutes of it....come on now! Let me sleep crazy director!!! I take responsibility for the fact that if I had managed my weekend better, than I wouldn't have had to stay up so late....so that's my bad.....but at the same time, don't require us to be at a ballroom rehearsal that we don't have to be at.

Classes seemed to drag and drag today. OMG. In my Human Developmental Psychology class we were talking about child abuse, and I almost went on a bloody rampage killing every ignorant, insensitive idiot in my class....which would have been nearly the entire class. Child abuse is one of the ZERO TOLERANCE subjects in my life, I cannot handle people making jokes about it, or saying idiotic things like,
          "I don't see why everyone makes a big deal about this. Parents are just trying to discipline their children." and
          "Abused children just need to get over whatever happened to them because it makes it harder for the rest of us to deal with them when they have so many issues.",.....

and the comments like these just kept on coming. Needless to say, my blood was boiling in my veins, and at one point during the lecture I literally excused myself from the class.

I've known way too many people who have been victims of child abuse to not see it for the severe issue that it is. It's one of the most, if not the most degrading and damaging thing that a person can experience. And children have to live the rest of their lives being haunted by the shadows of that abuse. Even with the professor giving example after example of how abuse affects children's development, the general attitude was that they should "toughen up and get over it." I. Was. Furious.

So after that emotionally  draining escapade I still had three more hours of classes.....
Immediately following classes I went back to the Chiropractor to check on my shoulder and everything is back to normal! : D
Then I got to experience one of my favorite things ever.... more shots!!! Yay needles! I actually don't mind the needles that much, what freaks me out is when I can feel the vaccine going into my body.... that is WEIRD. The volunteers at the hospital have to be immunized against everything, for the safety of the patients and for us. Working around newborns, it's especially important for the volunteers in my unit to be immunized and to stay really healthy.

So now I have a semi-dead arm...which is oh so ironic considering I just barely got the bone range of motion back! oh well.... it'll be fine in a day. And then I'll be more protected from sickness.

Plans for the rest of the day....
  1. Get some food....
  2. Go to make-up Anatomy Lab
  3. Finish Chemistry Lab stuff
  4. Take a mini nap
  5. Scheduled phone conversation with Blake
  6. Stretch time with Ariel
  7. SLEEP
 Mondays only come once a week... so both you and I still have that to be grateful for!
Until next time,
Von voyage

2 comments:

  1. I love Weesha, just the way she is. And, it's Bon Voyage... Para que sepas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, see I knew I should have stuck with Spanish! haha, that's what I get for trying to use a french expression....

    ReplyDelete