Monday, September 14, 2009

FOR SHAME

Here I am blogging after almost a week, and I have so much to tell you and not enough time to write it all down..... I'm sorry for the ridiculous delay....I've wanted to blog and just haven't gotten around to it.

Okay, so I usually try to go day by day but because it has been a week and I couldn't possibly give you the detail that I want...I'm going to give "highlights."

My Chemistry lab professor is AWESOME he turns on music during the lab, is super laid back and is an actual human being! Which is a difficult thing to find in a science professor. Physiology lab was cool....we got to do all sorts of mini-experiments on our lab partners to test their reflexes :) After Phys lab I made a mad dash home to shower before going to the hospital...

This year I decided that I really wanted to volunteer at the hospital that is literally right across the street from where I'm living.  And so there was this huge orientation thing where all of the volunteers had to get "informed" about all the policies, get uniforms and get to know their assigned area. I get to volunteer in the OB department, meaning that I'm working with women who are having babies!!! I got to meet a baby that was 15 minutes old!!! It's so exciting for me to get a taste of what it's like to really be a nurse! I've been in school forever "planning" and preparing for a career, but now that I actually get to enter into that field... it's like an adrenaline rush everytime I think about it! Just being in that hospital and learning about all of the responsibilites that I will have only reaffirmed that my decision to be a nurse was right :) And I honestly can't wait to finish school and officially enter the field.

I've been teaching the beginning ballroom team a routine that I learned originally last year...and it is my favorite thing! It's been so much fun! I decided that I am going to continue dancing, even while I'm a Nurse and that I'd L O V E to teach.... even if it's just little workshops! I've had so much fun with this, and I finally feel like I've found my niche in life. I was designed to help people and to teach them. Now before you think that sounds egotistical.... just step back..... I am the absolute happiest when I am reaching out to the people around me. And whether that is helping a new mother understand how to take care of herself after delivery, proving to a friend that she truly is beautiful, or watching a person's confidence grow after they've mastered a dance step....I would be honored to be a part of that :)

Friday night was the Institute Opening social...and there were HUNDREDS of people there...it was PACKED. It was luau themed, and we had fun at the begining but unfortunately the dance was super lame because the DJ kept playing these terrible songs.... the songs that you can't really dance to....that are great for driving in your car or playing in the backround while you do homework....but totally NOT BUENO for a dance....

Saturday I had more ballroom practice....and my director told me and three other girls that we needed to lose weight....which made me kinda upset....because I have been losing weight....but apparently it's not enough for him...grrr..... the best part, is that he said he wanted us to lose 10lbs....by the 26th.... pretty sure that's NOT even possible....unless I cut off my left arm.....

After practice I went swimming to try and calm down (the Practice was super frustrating and draining) and then I met up with my friends and went to a fireside. And although the fireside really didn't change my life or create any "awe-inspiring" moments....I knew that I was supposed to be there even if it was just for obedience sake.

The six chicks then proceeded to watch a movie and make bread while laughing and playing insanely intense rounds of "In a Pickle" and "Pit" games ya'll should definitely check out if you haven't played them before! I highly recommend both of them...but moreso for groups of friends instead of families.... playing with little kids doesn't work so well (or at least that's what I've been told)

Oooo k, remember Shawn ? From the last post?....or he might have even been in the post before that.... Okay, well I have this RIDICULOUS kindergarten crush on him....it's kinda sweet, but mostly pathetic haha. He was at the dance on friday,.... and had ample opportunity to ask me to dance with him...and DIDN'T. Sad.

But on sunday, he said hello to me in the sacrament meeting, sat by me during sunday school, and then came into the relief society room when church got out and hugged me and wanted to make sure, "I didn't leave before he could say good-bye." Promising?.... I think it may be too soon to tell.... but I was really excited about it :) He is a beautiful piece of human and so genuine....

This leads us up to today...
Monday Sep 14th....
Ballroom was....exhausting and classes were the same as they always are. Brimming with complex, often overwhelming information and me pretending to be super interested so that I make sure that I pay attention and take the best notes possible.
The usual walmart run, kitchen stock, room tidy up, internal battle of whether or not to do my homework....always resulting in me doing my homework. And then if I'm lucky I get to blog to all of you beautiful people!

Plans for the rest of the night:
  1. Attend bread and soup nite with assorted comrades
  2. Finish lab assignments
  3. Watch a movie....just for me!!!!
  4. Get to bed early
I hope that all of you are doing well and I look forward to your comments and hearing from you!

Until Next Time
Von Voyage

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness, i love you. SO SUPER EXCITED that you want to teach dance. that is FABULOUS!!! i'd take a class from you. love the updates. keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete