Sunday, September 6, 2009

This Holiday weekend couldn't have come at a better time.....

So we left off Thursday morning.....

The rest of thursday went by relatively uneventful. I went home after running errands on campus, took a much needed nap, did some homework and was able to talk on the phone with my Ma....which was nice. I went to institute class....which is turning out to be my new favorite thing! One of my guyfriends from ballroom just recently added the class, so I got to sit with both my BFF Lizzy and ballroom man. The lesson was about dating standards, and how we shouldn't date people outside of our faith....but the topic was approached from a different perspective....

The teacher told us that we shouldn't date people outside of our faith because it's not fair to them. I had never looked at it from this point of view... But when we date people outside of our religion, they get left out of so many things, and they sacrifice just as much as we do, if not more.... It puts a huge strain on the relationship or marriage.... There had been several guys on campus who had shown interest in me since the beginning of the school year, but none of them were LDS.....and I never felt right about it....and everything in this lesson just reaffirmed my decision to not date people off different religious groups.

After institute I went home to do....surprise surprise MORE HOMEWORK!!! I know, you're jealous.
Thursday evening plans consisted of dinner and X-files night with the six chicks, and it was so nice just to do something mindless and fun!

Friday Sep 4th,

In team, we got our dance assignments for tour shows and my list is as follows...this list will make more sense to those who have seen the ballroom showcase....
Opener (Which I get to do crazy lifts in!)
Charleston
Harry Potter V-Waltz
Hustle
Waltz
Zorro part 3
Salsa
Comedy (this number is replacing "Too Sexy")
Standard Medley (Competition piece)
Finale

Mark (our director) is convinced that I should be a standard dancer.... even though I've always competed Latin.... so he's assigned me to a majority of the standard dances.... but I guess it's good to get training and experience in all the styles....

Funny story.... k so in the Harry Potter V-Waltz I'm partnered with the guy who plays "Harry Potter" so because of my red hair, everyone decided that I am now "Ginny Weasely" haha perfect right?! So I am now called Ginny.... which is good because there is another Alicia on team, and the name mixups were already getting ridiculous.

Physiology, we took another test THAT I OWNED!!!! I aced that thing! I'm so excited :)

Most embarassing moment of the semester so far..... Okay, so today in my Human Developmental Psyc class, we were watching the film "The Miracle of Life" which features a live birth amongst it's many scientific explanations.... Well when the film first starts out, the scene is set on a Miami beach..... and the narrator says, "You may think that these people are here to enjoy the day, work on their tans or get away from the stresses of everyday life, but really they're only here for one thing.....to reproduce." Me thinking that this was quite possibly the most ridiculous line I've EVER heard BURST INTO LAUGHTER.... like the kind of laughter that fills the room, cannot be stopped, and echoes even after you stop laughing......
Everyone glared/stared at me....and there was no escaping it..... I was worried that the professor might kick me out of class....he didn't thank goodness! But oh my gosh.... I cannot believe that I was the ONLY ONE who thought that was funny.... needless to say....it was embarassing and is now an excellent story :)

Anatomy lab, we got to play with microscopes! THANK YOU ITINERIS!!!! I have had tons of microscope experience and looked like an Einstein when compared to all of the other students fumbling to focus their slides.... I was really excited about my magnifying skills and the professor was impressed too! Which is good news for me!
Chemistry and Anatomy lectures went by, informative as ever....

Evening, the BDC bbq....so fun! We salsa danced in the rain, which was like a scene out of a movie! and played ridiculous games like Dippity dippity dop, monster tag, and big booty.... :) And after the bbq I played with Annie and then hung out with a group of friends at Jesse's house.

Saturday Sep 5th

Slept in....glorious glorious morning full of glory!!! The rest of the day, I organized my room....which was reaching hazmat-suit worthy proportions, did laundry and organized my schedules for the rest of the semester.
On saturdays the six chicks have a tradition of "Do whatever you want Saturdays" meaning that on saturdays, we are not required to spend time getting ready, wear real clothing, eat "diet food" or do anything productive.  Some of the girls even go without "feminine upholstery" meaning that the bustal region is free of wires and anything else detaining haha....but don't tell them I told you that! *wink* We look at saturdays as our only true day off...which is such a beautiful thing....

So prepped in sweat pants and ponytails, the six chicks spent the day watching horribly cheesy movies, and eating chips in salsa and macaroni. All without make-up, pressure to look good or expectations! *sigh* basically this is what life should be like....

Sunday Sep 6th
Slept in again....waaaaayyyyy too late, ended up waking up when church was starting.... FOR SHAME. Did my best to be religious, worked out, and am now typing le blog :)

Plans for the rest of the day:
  1. Complete the process necessary to look like a girl
  2. Dinner
  3. Fireside with Lizzy
  4. Running with Annie
I hope you are all enjoying the holiday weekend!
Love you!
Von voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment