Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Yes I know.... it's been FOREVER

Yay I found the blog I thought was deleted! :D

It's been far too long since I've blogged last, but I've been so busy that I seriously can't think straight... Needless to say, blogging is at the bottom of the priority list.... not that I don't love it.... just that other things have to be done before I can ever dedicate an hours worth of time to writing down my life.

K Again, we're gonna have to do highlights seeing as too much has happened in the past 2 weeks to allow me to go into extreme detail about everything....so here we go.

School is INTENSE.... motivating yourself to attend class is a problem for most students, but having every class blow your mind everytime your there...that's another experience entirely. I feel like I finish my endless day of classes and have to sit down and try to process all of the information that was forced into my brain.... and there's ALOT to sort out, not to mention, HEY Alycia would like to have a life outside of school...novel concept I know. I try to do three or so hours of homework a day just to keep up with the material, but some days I can't dedicate the three hours, causing me to have to spend saturdays and sundays, and yes, even friday nights with my textbooks and flashcards. I'm literally married to my major. And that relationship takes EFFORT.

If I'm married to my major, then I'm having an affair with ballroom....lol Or at least that's the way I look at it. My committment is to Nursing, and I love nursing, nursing and I will have a very good life together, but my passion is for ballroom hahaha. I love dancing and being on tour team has been so challenging....but so rewarding. And I'll admit, it's not easy trying to balance out my schedule with everything that I've managed to cram into it, but I feel that it's worth it.

Hospital Shift September 22nd,
the night was S L O W we had two nurses on staff and me, and only two women in rooms. Both of the patients were in pre-labor, meaning the portion of labor that can last anywhere from 12-14 hours....so there wasn't much going on. Right as I'm about to clock out of my shift we receive an emergency code from one of the women's rooms. Basically this woman is giving birth....RIGHT NOW-she went from just chillin, to crowning....her labor progressed super rapidly. The nurses bark at me to contact the on-call pediatrician and OB and to gather an assortment of medical supplies. Lucky for all of us, I had been stocking rooms on my previous shifts so I knew what all of the medical equipment was, even if I didn't know how to use it....
Upon returning, the nursed ask me if I knew how to give injections..... mind you I have ZERO medical training.... so I said that I didn't, but they said that it didn't matter at this point. So they walked me through giving this woman 3 injections, and we literally were tying tubes, cleaning off the baby and taking family photos before the OB even walked in.

I helped to deliver a baby....wow. I know I said in a previous blog that, "One of the most surreal things you'll ever experience is tangible evidence of a dream being realized." this was another one of those moments. I've talked about working in health care for as long as I can remember.... Dance was always the dream and Medicine was the practical career option.... but wow, it was an amazing moment when I realized how close I am to actually working in the profession that I want. It's like, you spend the first part of your life planning the rest of your life....but now it feels like I actually get to live my life, and it's a great feeling :)

Tour Team show in Panaca Nevada, September 26th
Basically had a great time traveling and performing! I was given one of the solos in a Cinderella number, where I got to be Cinderella and choreograph a ballet solo....sigh....it was incredible to be really, truly dancing again. I was nearly drowned in compliments about how beautiful it was, and how no one knew that I could dance like that.... and it made me super emotional and so grateful to my father in heaven that he allowed me the opportunity of dancing again. I gained MAJOR respect from my ballroom director, who apparently didn't understand that when I said I could dance....it meant I CAN DANCE. And even he was impressed.... which made me feel even better about the performance I gave.

Well those are the two major stories worth telling. There is always little things that come up, little stories, little miracles, little bits of drama scattered throughout.... but in order to do those justice, I need to keep with this blog better lol.

I don't believe in men right now. I like all the wrong ones, as evidenced by the recent string of guys I've dated. Remember Shawn from the last blog... k, NOT ENOUGH MAN FOR ME. I honestly don't think he could handle half of me. his friends said that he would date me, if, "I wasn't so smart and driven".....really? really....did he just say that.....? wow. If that's intimidating enough for you to make it a reason for you not to date me....seriously grow a pair. Stand up and be a man. Oh well, guys who don't like smart girls would NE-HE-HEH-HEVER get along with me...so move along pansy.
Plus I'm already married to Nursing and having an affair with ballroom...where would I fit a real man into all of that?! I can just imagine the conversation....

Man: Hey Alycia I think we should go out sometime....when are you free?
Alycia: Do tuesdays from 4-5 work for you? Or maybe I can fit you in friday nights inbetween ballroom and friends and sleep....in fact maybe if I don't sleep on thursday night we can have a date from 2-5am.... but I have to be home by 5am because I have ballroom practice at 6am....
Man: What about Christmas break....? Will you be less busy then....?
Alycia: hmm, as a matter of fact I think I'll be free Saturday December 19th. So if you'd like to pencil that in... that would be great.
Man: (Has already lost interest by this point in time and is moving on to a more available girl.)

See the problem? I've booked myself to the brim. and it's actually easier for me to plan big things ahead and then fill in fun last minute when I find the time...but who knows, sigh....

Anyways, Thanks for reading! Sorry I couldn't be more profound, or inspiring, or whatever :) haha. I hope that this blog finds everyone in high spirits, and that everything is going well for you guys! Love you all!

Keep your chins up! Things are never as bad as you dramatize them to be!
Until next time,
Von Voyage

No comments:

Post a Comment