Tuesday, September 8, 2009

God is aware of each of us.

I cannot tell you how grateful I am for God's influence in my life. Even if I get to the end of this life and find out that the entire "God" concept was a sham....I will find my peace in knowing that because I trusted in something bigger than myself, I became the best version of myself and gave life my all. That believing in that higher being allowed me to call upon strength that I didn't know that I had, to be able to do things that are beyond my average ability. To be better. To be more.

Sunday Sep 6th

I attended a GREAT fireside with my best friend Lizzy, and I'm so glad that I went! The speaker was actually my institute teacher, he is an amazing man and a very talented speaker. The fireside was inspirational and exactly what I needed to hear to provide me with inspiration for the next week. He said something that has stuck in my head ever since I heard it, he said, "When we acknowledge God's tender mercies in our lives, we increase our faith in him."  Ever since arriving at school, I've felt continually that Heavenly Father was guiding my life....and hearing that made me think of all of the tender mercies the Lord had already provided me with.

At the fireside, one of my friend-boys from ballroom sat next to me....and this one definitely deserves some contemplation....His name is Shawn...and I'm pretty sure that if he asked me to be his woman I would say yes lol. He's an amazing guy, and nothing like any of the other guys I've gone out with.... (trust me, that is a VERY good thing) He's quiet and soft spoken, but not shy. He's a REAL man....like the kind of man you want your little brothers to be modeled after. Kind, dedicated, ambitious and full of integrity....
Anyways...before I really start gushing, he's great-and I wouldn't mind if he asked me on a date.... ;)

Lizzy and I went back to her apartment and proceeded to have a dance/kareoke party with the rest of the six chicks. There is nothing more uniting then singing broadway music, in all different keys, at the top of your lungs with people you know will love you no matter what!

Monday Sep 7th  Happy Labor Day!

The morning plan had been to attend a pancake breakfast courtesy of the six chicks....but my body had a different idea.... I woke up feeling S I C K, the kind of sick where you're afraid that if you change positions, you're gonna throw up.... In an effort to sleep off this feeling, I was still in bed until, I'm gonna say 2 pm....

When I could finally get up and eat something, I felt much better and was able to dedicate all my energy to understanding the inner workings and structures of the Integumentary System....(thank you Anatomy). After several hours of homework....which is the usual average..... I remembered that there were a couple items that I had forgotten to pick up at Walmart....so I sallied forth!

My car had other plans.... During the summer, my car made the executive decision to have almost everything in it go wrong at once....after 1300+ dollars of repair-work, everything seemed okay.... but just now, my check engine light came on and the car started snarling into a frenzy....

My first thought was that the breaks (which I had just replaced) were mad at me.... so I took the car to Big-O-tires.... they couldn't take my car in, but they made an appointment with me for wednesday....awesome....
They said they couldn't check the engine, but that there was an Auto-Zone down the street.... Come to find out, this Auto-Zone was just a parts shop and actually didn't do the repairs.... While in the shop, trying not to freak out.... (Mind you I live off campus....and me without a car makes my life impossible....) I get this inkling to talk to this guy stocking shelves, he tells me to go to a Shell Gas station that apparently does repairs, and he said that they were the only repair shop open on labor day....

As i was driving, I prayed to God....so hard....I know it may seem like such a silly thing to pray for your car... but I didn't know what else to do. I pull up to the Shell station....and it's like a hole in the wall....family owned and operated....like outhouse bathrooms.... and I'll admit I was skeptical. This super nice guy comes up to my window and asks what he can help me with....

He takes a look at the engine, and while he's repairing, I got to play poker with his son, who was manning the register. He comes back in and explains to me, that a part in my engine had come lose, and he's surprised that I was able to drive the car at all....(miracle #1) He tells me that he fixed it, and that there's also a leak in my air conditioner that he can fix for around $50.00, if I wanna come back, but that the car will drive fine without it being fixed.... I ask him how much for the repair work....
Smiling, he says, "Don't worry about it. Just remember us next time." (The Biggest Miracle of all)

At this point in time, I am S T U N N E D....and I don't know whether to cry out of gratitude, hug him or propose. I managed a simple and quiet "Thank you."

The car drives like a dream, and for the rest of the day, my heart expressed gratitude to my Father in Heaven for loving me enough to answer such a simple prayer.

I challenge all of you who don't think that God knows you're there, who think that he doesn't play a part in your life, to start paying attention to all of the ways God makes your life a little easier. All the "nudges" in  the right directions, and all of the people who say the right thing, and realize that that is God's way of reminding you that HE IS THERE, and that he is aware of who you are and your life.

I love you all, and I thank God everyday that I have been so blessed with such wonderful people in my life!

Until next time,
Von Voyage.

2 comments:

  1. I love to hear what a sweet young woman you are. Keep being so strong. I want you to know that I attenended a stake R.S. meeting some years ago...It was agout God's tender mercies. I started a journal. My tender mercies journal.. Things I think were Heavenly Father's way of watching out for me. My first entry was just after Holliauna experienced her first major grand mall seizure. All that alligned up to protect her and my family overwhelmed me.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry for all the typos. I just re- read that after posting it jeesh...

    ReplyDelete